English speaking therapy Madrid
( Close to US Embassy)
English speaking therapist
Susana L. Ruiz provides psychotherapy private services based on psychoanalysis in the heart of Madrid. Also there are online therapy sessions available
That is a talking therapy that involves a trained therapist listening to you and helping you to find ways to deal with the emotional issues you’re facing, or to understand why you are feeling a certain way.
Psychotherapy provides a safe, confidential and impartial space in which to explore your feelings. Your therapist will encourage you to talk about your thoughts, feelings and emotions and will respectfully listen and support you without judgement or criticism.
At some point in our lives most of us will experience times when we’re overwhelmed or feel that we cannot cope. If these feelings are left unchecked they can grow and develop with the potential to spill out into other areas of our lives – our relationships, careers, studies and personal lives can be impacted to the extent that we feel unable to continue to live a happy life.
Psychotherapy is a personal and private experience, designed to help you resolve whatever individual problems you are facing.
What is Psychoanalysis?
Psychoanalysis is both a theory of the human mind and a therapeutic practice.
It was founded by Sigmund Freud between 1885 and 1939 and continues to be developed by psychoanalysts all over the world. Psychoanalysis has four major areas of application:
- theory of how the mind works
- treatment method
- method of research, and
- as a way of viewing cultural and social phenomena like literature, art, movies, performances, politics and groups.
English speaking therapy based on psychoanalysis
- A talking therapy where the client talks freely about feelings, memories, dreams, relationships, desires, conflicts…
- Therapy helps client understand and resolve problems by increasing awareness of their inner world
- So, it differs from most other therapies in aiming for deep seated change in personality and emotional development.
About English speaking therapy sessions
- Talking therapy
- Adults therapy
- Face to face sessions
- 45 minutes, individual session
- Client speaks freely about feelings, memories, dreams, relationships, desires, conflicts, thoughts, concerns
- Involves scheduling regular sessions weekly
- Some clients start with one session a week, come to feel the need for more frequent sessions
- Couples therapy