Psychoanalyst in Madrid
Susana L. Ruiz, psychoanalyst in Madrid provides therapy based on psychoanalyisis for adults and couples
She is used to work with international clients from different backgrounds, identity and culture
What is Psychotherapy ?
That is a talking therapy that involves a trained therapist listening to you and helping you to find ways to deal with the emotional issues you’re facing, or to understand why you are feeling a certain way.
Then, psychotherapy provides a safe, confidential and impartial space in which to explore your feelings. Your therapist will encourage you to talk about your thoughts, feelings and emotions and will respectfully listen and support you without judgement or criticism.
At some point in our lives most of us will experience times when we’re overwhelmed or feel that we cannot cope. If these feelings are left unchecked they can grow and develop with the potential to spill out into other areas of our lives – our relationships, careers, studies and personal lives can be impacted to the extent that we feel unable to continue to live a happy life.
Finally, psychotherapy is a personal and private experience, designed to help you resolve whatever individual problems you are facing.
What is Psychoanalysis?
According International Psychoanalytic Association IPA:
Psychoanalysis is both a theory of the human mind and a therapeutic practice.
It was founded by Sigmund Freud between 1885 and 1939 and continues to be developed by psychoanalysts all over the world. Psychoanalysis has four major areas of application:
- theory of how the mind works
- treatment method
- method of research, and
- as a way of viewing cultural and social phenomena like literature, art, movies, performances, politics and groups.
Psychoanalyst in Madrid
- A talking therapy where the client talks freely about feelings, memories, dreams, relationships, desires, conflicts…
- Therapy helps client understand and resolve problems by increasing awareness of their inner world
- So, it differs from most other therapies in aiming for deep seated change in personality and emotional development
- Face to face individual sessions, 45 minutes
- Involves scheduling regular sessions weekly
- Some clients start with one session a week, come to feel the need for more frequent sessions
About Susana L. Ruiz
Accredited psychoanalyst in private practice in Madrid. Internationally trained between Madrid, Barcelona, Zürich and London
Member of Madrid Psychotherapy Psychoanalytic Association, AMPP (as part of European Federation for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy EFPP)
She has worked, with Dra. Remedios Gutiérrez Rodríguez, psychiatrist, Ms. Reyes García Miura, psychoanalyst, Dr. Daniel Valiente Gómez psychiatrist, Dr. Manuel de Miguel Aisa, psychiatrist, Dra. Elizabeth Palacios García, psychiatrist and Dra. Silvia Cantis Silberstein
- Psychoanalisys for Adults
- Couples therapy
- Dreams analysis
- Spanish & English
- Online sessions are available
Location in Madrid
C/ Pinar 6 bis- 2º A ( Zone Castellana – Salamanca) – close to US Embassy
Metro Gregorio Marañón ( Line 7, 10)
- Monday to Friday (availability from 8 am to 22 pm)
Fees & Rates
- Adults: 70€ (45 min/ individual session)
- Couples: please, contact for information
It is necessary to arrange a first personal interview
+(34) 676 976 323
Education & training
- Candidate, Master in Health Administration. UDIMA University Madrid
- 2023/ 2024 Post- Foundation Course. Institute of Psychoanalysis of London. British Psychoanalytical Society
- Program in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy. Psychology University Barcelona UB (in collaboration SEP – IPA)
- Certificate in Greek Mythology. University of Oxford, UK
- Certificate in the Study of the Couple. Tavistock Relationships (The Tavistock Institute of Medical Psychology, London UK)
- Certificate in Analytical Psychology. C.G.Jung Institut Zürich (Switzerland)
- Groups Dynamics Psychology, Tavistock Institute of Human Relations, London UK
- Training in Psychoanalysis, Centro Psicoanalítico de Madrid, CPM.
- Program in Psychoanalysis & Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Centro Estudios y Aplicación del Psicoanálisis, CEAP Madrid
- Psychology of Memory. Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Psychology for Organizations. Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Attention. Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Physiological Psychology. Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Psychopathology. Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Cognitive Behavioral therapy. Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Developmental Psychology. Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Personality. Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Psychobiology. Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Emotions. Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Motivation.Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Clinical Assessment. Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Phychopharmacology. Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Anthropology. Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Data Analysis & Research. Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Groups Psychology. Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Executive Coaching Certificate, Tavistock Consulting London, UK
- Master in Human Resources Management. Autonoma University Madrid UAM
- Graduating in Psychology. Psychology University Madrid UNED
- Associate student, Colegio Oficial de la Psicología de Madrid (EAM-00915)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences. Alcalá de Henares University Madrid
- Successful completion of +450 hs personal psychoanalysis (accredited)
- +150 hs Supervision with psychiatrists of recognized prestige (IPA International Psychoanalyitical Association)
Ethics & Responsibility
- My work as therapist with clients is strictly based on responsibility, care and respect
- Be committed to the clear objective of being beneficial in client´s therapeutic wellness
Also, as psychotheraist I´m attached to human rights
This means, not making any judgment or distinction for any reason (race, color, sex, language, religion, political opinion or any other, national or social origin, economic position, birth or any other condition) during psychotherapeutic treatment
- Confidentiality of the information revealed during the sessions by the client is absolutely guaranteed.
- Therefore, information is not shared with third parties